Sunday, July 17, 2011

Chapter Two


Zharif fastened his seatbelt and stepped on the gas, his car accelerating as Hafiz watched him go. Hafiz knew that he would be heading to Ilya's house, but he couldn’t do anything to stop him. Zharif was a headstrong kid; Hafiz knew how much Zharif cared for Ilya, he could do nothing.

“Where is she, God please let me know that she’s doing okay.” Said Zharif to himself.

“She is a strong girl, I know that. She has to be! I need to talk to her; I need to know that she’s alright. Why didn’t she reply my messages and my calls?” Zharif questioned himself as he reached his hand phone in his pocket to send another message to Ilya for the sixth time.

“Please, this time, can you please reply my message, Ilya?” Said Zharif as he looked at his hand phone and saw the wallpaper picture; it was the picture of Adam that caught his eyes.

“Why did you go, Adam? We still need you.” He cried; wiping his tears.

In the picture, there were four of them, Zharif, Ilya, Hafiz and Adam; Adam’s big smile across his face in the picture reminded Zharif how much he loved Adam. Zharif eyes fixed on the picture; he sighed.

His phone rang.

“Hafiz.” Said Zharif as he answered the call.

“Zharif, where are you going actually? You’re not going to Ilya’s right?” Asked Hafiz.

“I don’t know, Fiz, I don’t know where I am heading. Sorry to I leave you behind. I had no choice, I had to leave. It was too emotional. I don’t know would it be right to stay there and be with you. You looked very calm. Do you actually really care about Adam and Ilya, Fiz?” Cried Zharif angrily.

“Yes, I do care! Don’t ever question that!” Answered the boy.

“I don’t know, Fiz. I can’t help myself. I just want to be with all of you, all four of us. But without Adam...”

“Don’t say another word Zharif, I know it won’t be the same anymore; but I believe he is in a better place now, you have to trust me.” He explained.

“I hope you steer you car straight home. Ilya doesn’t want to see anyone, she has just sent me a message.”

“Are you sure, Fiz?”

“Yes, I am.”

“Really? Not even me?”

“Yes.”

“But why did she send it to you, not me?”

“I don’t have the answer, Zharif.”

“Ilya..”

“Don’t worry, Zharif. Well maybe she thinks that you are here with me. So she sent this as she sent to the both of us. You good?”

“Yes, alright then, I guess I must head home by now, thanks for telling me that and for the call, Fiz. Goodbye.”

“Take care, Zharif. Remember, straight home.”

No comments:

Post a Comment